History Time Line
Altoona High School 1911
The school was destroyed by a fire
Halloween night 1951.
A new load of coal had been delivered that morning.
It was believed that the fire started in the coal storage room.
After the fire, students attended school in buildings around the area.
Classes were held in the city hall,
churches and empty store buildings.
The auditorium was located where the
current, 2015 city hall and library are now.
The Raidroad was and still is a big part of Altoona.
Over the years the school has use The Home of the Railroaders
as part of school logo.
Return To Top