Technology Help - Answers to Common Problems
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Help
How do I upload new files to the web server using FrontPage?
- Open your web in FrontPage and pull down the FILE MENU to
PUBLISH WEB this opens the publish web dialog box.
- Type in our ftp address which is:
After you have done this once you will be able
to pick this location from a
list of FTP Locations next time you want to publish your web.
- Click the options button to expand the dialog box and you will
option to publish all pages or changed pages only. You can also
publish subwebs as well in this dialog box. It will look like
- Click PUBLISH
- The program will ask for your username and password.
- When the upload is complete FrontPage 2000 will
display the URL and
an option to view the site to verify that the pages upload was
Frontpage2k will store this login info for you and when you select
location from the list the next time you publish using the FTP
from the publish web dialog box FrontPage will not prompt you for
the username and
password information. It will just publish the pages for you.
- From time to time when publishing pages FrontPage may indicate
some files are no longer used or needed and can choose to delete
them or keep them.